- The Spread Eagle Sailing Club recognises that the correct and lawful treatment of personal data will maintain confidence in the organisation but more importantly, we understand the importance of protecting the confidentiality and integrity of your personal data.
- Please note that we have no control over how your data is collected, stored, or used by other websites and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
- Personal data must be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to the Data Subject. We will only collect your personal data fairly and lawfully and for specified purposes, such as noting your initial enquiry and performing our contract with you.
- With your permission or where permitted by law, we may use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email. We will not send you unsolicited marketing information or spam emails.
- We will ensure that the personal data we collect is concise, transparent, intelligible, easily accessible, and in clear and plain language.
- We will collect personal data only for specified, explicit and legitimate purpose and for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data is processed. This will primarily be for the performance of our contract with you.
- We will ensure that your personal data is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the performance of our contract with you.
- We will ensure that your personal data is accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- We will process your data in a manner that ensures its security using appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect against unauthorised or unlawful processing or loss.
- We will not transfer your personal data to another country without the appropriate safeguards being in place.
- We will allow you access to your data so that you may exercise your right as a Data Subject.
- We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Supplying our services to you;
- Replying to your emails and enquiries;
- Contacting you with marketing information that you have opted to receive &;
- Analysing the use of our website.
3. YOUR RIGHTS AND REQUESTS
You have rights when it comes to how we handle your personal data. These include rights to:
- withdraw consent to processing at any time;
- receive certain information about the processing activities;
- request access to your personal data that we hold;
- prevent our use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
- ask us to erase your personal data if it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed or to rectify inaccurate data or to complete incomplete data;
- restrict processing in specific circumstances;
- challenge processing which has been justified on the basis of our legitimate interests or in the public interest;
- request a copy of an agreement under which your personal data is transferred outside of the EEA;
- prevent processing that is likely to cause damage or distress to you or anyone else;
- be notified of a personal data breach which is likely to result in high risk to your rights and freedoms;
- make a complaint to the supervisory authority; and
- in limited circumstances, receive or ask for your personal data to be transferred to a third party in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
4. HOW AND WHERE DO WE STORE YOUR DATA
- We will only store your personal data for as long as we need to perform our service and for as long you have provided your permission to keep it.
- Some or all of your personal data may be stored outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using our website and submitting information to us. If we do store your personal data outside of the EEA, we will take reasonable steps to ensure your personal data is secure.
- We will not share your data with any third parties except in certain circumstances, i.e. where we are required by law or appropriate authority.
5. HOW CAN YOU CONTROL YOUR DATA
- In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out in section 4, when you submit personal data via our website, you may be given options to restrict our use of your personal data. In particular, we give you the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in our emails and at the point of providing your details.
- You can also ask us to erase your personal data if it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed or to rectify inaccurate data or to complete incomplete data.
6. YOUR RIGHT TO WITHHOLD INFORMATION
7. CONTACTING US
What’s a cookie?
- A “cookie” is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive and which records how you move your way around a website so that, when you revisit that website, it can present tailored options based on the information stored about your last visit. Cookies can also be used to analyse traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes.
- Cookies are used by nearly all websites and do not harm your system.
If you want to check or change what types of cookies you accept, this can usually be altered within your browser settings. You can block cookies at any time by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
- Cookies are either:
- Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page but they do not collect any personal data from your computer; or
- Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. We use persistent cookies for Google Analytics.
Cookies can also be categorised as follows:
– Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to use the website effectively, such as when buying a product and / or service, and therefore cannot be turned off. Without these cookies, the services available to you on our website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet. – Performance cookies: These cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our website. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the site are most popular. – Functionality cookies: These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced features. For instance, we may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the services you use. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised.
The following first party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
|Name of Cookie||Purpose & Type||Strictly Necessary|
The following third party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
|Name of Cookie||Purpose & Type||Provider||Strictly Necessary|
|None used on this site||–||–||–|
The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) the following analytics Cookies:
|Name of Cookie||Purpose & Type||Provider||Strictly Necessary|
How to control cookies
Below are links to instructions on how to control Cookies in the mainstream browsers:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/278835
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/products/microsoft-edge
- Safari (macOS): https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?viewlocale=en_GB&locale=en_GB
- Safari (iOS): https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-Cookies-website-preferences
- Android: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en